Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Swinging for a Promotion


My last blog entry was about my personal experience golfing at St. Johnsbury Country Club. I had mentioned that it was my first time swinging clubs in nearly three years. An interesting thing happened after playing that round. Twenty-four hours later, I was offered and accepted a promotion within my company. In addition, to my three hotels, I now oversee the Hampton Inn, Burlington, Vermont. In the future, I'll be sure to blog about all the great Burlington family events and attractions...BUT... I'll save that for another day.

At first the correlation between golfing and my promotion may not jump out at you. For me...it's perfectly obvious. I'm convinced that as soon as the President of my company read my blog he figured, "if Brett can find time to golf...then he can find time to manage more hotels". I know that sounds crazy but I think I'm on to something.

Sooooo, just to test my theory...I took my youngest son, Cass, golfing this weekend. I've sat by the phone all morning...President has called repeatedly but didn't mention another promotion (yet). That's when the lightbulb went on, I forgot to blog about my weekend. Once he reads I was golfing again...I'll be Vice-President (or without a job).

It's possible neither is going to occur...but my money is on the fact that I'll be golfing this weekend as "Vice President Loehr". I already have a tee time for this weekend and plan on making some important upper management decisions in between strokes.

By the way, my son (fourteen years old) shot under 100...I'm proud of him. Hit em' straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment