Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Storyland - a great way to spend the day



There is a ton to love about New Hampshire's Storyland. My family's recent trip to the historic amusement park highlighted most of them. As we pulled into the parking lot, I was both surprised and concerned to find very few parking spaces available. The last thing I wanted to do is spend a hot summer day standing in lines. Speaking of lines, long ones were formed at the front gates. Families from all over were patiently waiting to get in. The lines moved quickly and surprisingly, they were the longest lines of the day. Once through the gates we found the park to be comfortable to walk around and the waits for rides...more than bearable. With 21 different rides to choose from and a hand full of shows we were excited to start experiencing the park.

My five year old needed to be convinced to get on her first ride or two and after that...look out! I would say the park appeals to grandparents, parents, and children (3-10 maybe a little older). The teenage crowd could get bored pretty quick. I love the fact that the park is clean and spacious. The staff is well trained and receptive to questions. I like the fact that the quality of food is "good" and that I didn't need to take out a second mortgage to feed my family. I'm almost certain that they allow families to bring in their own food and picnic. The shops throughout the park added to the experience. Several members of my family enjoyed browsing.


My youngest son and I enjoyed the costume shop...probably more then we should have. The different hats and props kept us entertained and I ended up buying a large obnoxious king's crown. I proudly wore it for the rest of the afternoon.


The rides and experience varied greatly. Many people hustled by some of my more favorite experiences. I loved the many small touches that made for memorable experiences and photo opportunities.

At "Heidi's House" an older man (her grandfather) sits watch. Very few take time to notice him or his trained chipmunk sitting in a can next to him. Both are very entertaining.


The park offers a great variety of rides. In addition, there are plenty of park areas where the parents can keep an eye on the kids while they burn off some extra energy. I give Storyland a "Do Not Miss" rating for families with younger children.
My Hampton Inn in Littleton, New Hampshire offers incredible Storyland vacation packages. Prices include your room, hot breakfast, and three tickets to Storyland. (603) 444-0025 or check them out online at http://www.littletonhotel.com/ DON'T FORGET TO MENTION..."Brett's Blog". Thanks for vacationing!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.


    Best Attorney

    ReplyDelete